Online dating is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to find relationships and even spouses. Sure, it’s taken some time for people to get comfortable with the idea of meeting their next love interest on the internet, but we’ve finally arrived in a day and age where DatingInquirer’s list has started to take off.
Here are several reasons why men have proven to be the least popular users of these mobile apps:
- Men are simply too competitive
- Men expect to meet their future spouse within a week of joining an online dating site or app
- Men have unrealistic expectations about their physical appearance
- Men are too picky about age
- Men are typically less interested in marriage as compared to women
- Men are typically looking for a sexual relationship rather than a long-term committed relationship
In the past, women complained that online dating sites and apps were largely populated by men and that women would find it quite difficult to find a good match for them amongst the thousands of male users out there. Many women complained that the men they’ve encountered online have been duds, or they’ve found themselves in situations where they have become victims of scam artists.
Let’s look at some top reasons why women are joining online dating sites:
- Women want to meet interesting men
- Women want to meet more well-rounded men
- Women want a man to commit to them
- Women want a partner who is willing to take responsibility for his actions and one who is accountable for his life
- Women are looking for long-term relationships or even marriage
Risks of virtual dating:
- Effort – It takes time and effort to date actively. Although some have viewed this as a drawback, its competitive nature forces you to update your profile frequently and respond to messages.
- Misinformation – Women are often less concerned with beauty and instead focus on the socioeconomic position, career success, intellect, and communication skills of the men they choose to date. In contrast, older men search for appealing physical appearance and youthfulness in the women they prefer to date.
- Unsolicited sexting – Although older folks aren’t strictly opposed to having sex, they frequently feel awkward when they get sexts sent too soon after meeting someone. These, however, were described as undesired rather than dangerous.
With so many dating websites, apps, and mobile dating sites on the internet, it can be difficult for online daters to find a compatible partner and even more difficult for people to come out of the online dating world without meeting their future spouse.